Saturday, February 4, 2012

Confession

Day #4 and Saturday so that means -- free for all!!!

So, I have a few confessions to make:

My husband and I don't cuddle when we sleep. In fact, we don't even use the same bedding (except the fitted sheet!). I have my blankets and he has his. I am way too much of a cocoon sleeper -- meaning I wrap myself in the biggest cocoon. And I still haven't found the perfect pillow. I had one that I LOVED -- I called it "Po-Po." I had used it forever and it showed. It had my blood stained on it (thanks to me bleeding from my jugular after an operation) and that totally freaked Mason out. That pillow finally had to die. I don't want to think how much I have spent on finding the perfect pillow. Any recommendations?

I am a really bad cook. I CAN BAKE. I just am terrible at cooking. I have blamed it on the fact that I can't see over the cook top, but I'm really at fault. I have given Mark and Mason food poisoning twice. That doesn't mean if we have a party or I bring something in to school, you shouldn't eat it. Chances are, Mark has cooked it (he is an amazing chef!) or, if it's an appetizer, it's safe. I make a mean crab rangoon. If it's not an actual meal, I'm fine.

I used to be the biggest shopaholic. When I turned 18, I came into some money. And, while my mother and grandmother told me I should invest it, of course I didn't and I shopped. Like, all of the time. Too much. Now, I really can't stand it (unless it's for furniture, home decorating, or craft stuff) -- especially grocery and clothes shopping. I used to power-shop all day. Now, if I go into three stores at the mall, I am antsy and bothered.

I still don't completely know what I want to do with my life. I think my biggest accomplishment has been raising Mason. And I love all of the volunteer work I have done because of him. I think my perfect job would be if I could work and get paid at a non-profit that I truly believed in. So, maybe I have to develop one? I don't know.

Ok... need to go get ready. I'm going out with my fabulous friend and I need to go get ready.

Anything you have to confess?

1 comment:

Jenn and Casey said...

You have done so much in your life!! Give yourself lots of credit, and course Mason is amazing! And I'll remember when we come visit you in TX, only to eat what Mark cooks ;)