Saturday, February 18, 2012

Raindays

I am just getting to Day #18 of NaBloPoMo! Where do Saturdays go? Anyway...

I wish I had a craft or two to show you this week. I don't. I did break out my Silhouette after Mason's swim practice this afternoon and played with it for a long time before our friends came over for dinner. Give me a day or two and I'll be able to reveal something.

What did I accomplish today?

I got my hair colored.

I took Mason to swimming in the pouring rain.

I washed our bed linens.

I actually lost my first game of checkers in over fifteen years (well played, Colt!).

I insulted a friend by making fun of show choirs (sorry Mandy!).

I scolded the Wondermutt (who broke one of our plates that was on top of an oven mitt. He loves to steal oven mitts).

I talked to some Tidal Waves friends.

I learned how to play a new board game.

I spent time with my three awesome boys (well, Gibson was awesome until he broke that plate!).

To some, it may seem like an uneventful Saturday, but to me it was perfect. With the exception of playing checkers against Colt, showing Angela the new Hunger Games nail polish colors, and playing three games of Temple Run, I didn't have the iPad glued to my hand. With the exception of a few texts to my sisters, Mandy, and Samar, I didn't have my iPhone glued to my hand either. I never watched a single TV show. I just got to hang out with some amazing people.

And I loved it.

No comments: