Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday's Slight Obsession

Day 12 of NaBloPoMo. Having fun yet?

This weekend flew right on by, didn't it? We experienced a "huge" snow "storm" today. Which, in Austin, Texas was huge, but to those of us from Ohio thought it was quite absurd. Especially since it's going to be 75 degrees in two days. We hung out with our amazing friends, Colt and Mandy on Friday. I got to eat pizza yesterday.

Anyway, my latest obsession is with British television shows. It started with Downton Abbey last year. Watched the first season on my iPad on our trip to Florida. Now, Mark and I have begun watching the first season again. I am DVRing the current season (though I may just end up buying it soon). I just love Maggie Smith as the Dowager. And Bates? Awesome.
From there, I started watching Doctor Who with Mark over Christmas break, starting with the eleventh doctor, Matt Smith. Now, I am watching the David Tennant episodes. I don't like him nearly as much as I do Matt Smith and I prefer Amy Pond over Rose. And I love Rory. And bowties. Bowties are cool. Mason watches this with us. Except he hates the weeping angels.
After we watched all of the Matt Smith episodes on Netflix, we watched Sherlock. Which is amazing!! I love this modern day version of the adventures of Holmes and Watson. And for a desperate moment, I jokingly asked Mark to look for jobs in Cork, Ireland for his company so we could see the newest season, since it isn't available in the States yet.
And lastly, Spaced. Again, another show via Netflix. My boys LOVE Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (Mason dressed up like Shaun for Halloween). So, Mark was watching this one day in bed and I caught it with him. Don't tell him -- I've watched a few more episodes without him. This show is hilarious!!!! Tim and Daisy Steiner (!) pretend to be a couple in order to move into a nice, cheap flat in a great building. The landlady is hilariously crazy.
What are you obsessing with lately?

No comments: