Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday's Confessions

It's the weekend which means I can write whatever I want! So... Day #11 of NaBloPoMo is another Confessions!!!

I don't like pizza. Mark makes an AWESOME deep-dish pizza that I love, but it is a big production and takes forever to make, so he doesn't make it very often (like every 2-3 months). My boys would eat pizza everyday if they could. Me? Not so much. Besides Mark's deep-dish, I only want to eat pizza 1-2 a year. Tops. I just don't like it. I think it's because when my sister ran track, she and her high school boyfriend always ordered pizza after meets and I just remember eating it a lot. No one in my family remembers that. Regardless, right now, I want pizza. So, we are going to go get pizza today. And when I want pizza, I can't have it delivered. I need it PIPING-JUST-CAME-OUT-OF-THE-OVEN-HOT. And anchovies would be divine, but I have to order them on the side or the boys think they stink up and ruin their pizza.

I wear kids shoes. Because of my paralysis, my legs had a stunted growth, as did my feet. And because I don't walk, I don't wear out shoes. And they don't really get dirty. Up until two years ago, I had the exact pair of penny loafers from seventh grade in still mint condition, albeit with not so shiny pennies in them. Someone tends to think that since I have 3920582405 pairs of shoes, I don't need new ones all of the time. But, I'm a girl who likes shoes. And when I can find a pair that especially looks like "grown-ups" would wear them, I buy them. Of course, that doesn't keep me from looking for sparkly, pink, shiny shoes, either.

I can't stand the taste of beer. It just tastes icky to me. Can't drink it. Mark made guiness brownies and I took one bite. Ew. No bueno on the beer.

I am a master at checkers. My senior year in high school, I was in a study hall with maybe seven other people and we spent the entire time playing checkers. When I was sick in the hospital, I played checkers with visitors. Mark and Mason refuse to play checkers with me.

I love Pride and Prejudice. I probably have nine copies of it in book form, two on my kindle app, two movies (Colin Firth? Yes please. That version is my favorite), as well as the entire comic book series. Yes, they made Pride and Prejudice into a comic book and I read the whole thing. I have not read any "sequels" to Pride and Prejudice because I don't want to ruin my idea of Elizabeth and Darcy's life at Pemberley. Although, I do want to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies at some point. Don't judge. And I love Bridget Jones.

I always wear sunglasses. They make a great headband when my hair is crazy (which it is 95% of the time). I don't where them in the house, but once I leave, they are on me. And during the summer, I have to buy bronzer to cover up my sunglass-lines. Especially during swimteam season. Even when I lived in Ohio, I wore sunglasses all of the time (and Ohio is gray 350 days of the year). I lost my favorite pair once on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Walt Disney World. I left them on my wheelchair seat while we road and when we returned, they were gone. I blame it on dropping them in the dark because nothing bad ever happens at Disney World.

No comments: