Thursday, February 16, 2012

Mind Dump

Day 16 of NaBloPoMo and I'm over half-way there!! Yay!! And I'm ditching today's prompt of :
Respond to the proverb: "Treat your family like friends and your friends like family."

I've been in a funk this week. It started on Monday when I got sick. Since then, I'm feeling better, but in a blah-like mood. I'm not sleeping well.

Tomorrow, I am working at The Boy's school all day, covering for the receptionist. And it's Friday! Weekend cometh! In Ohio, we would have Monday off for President's Day. They don't in our school district here.

The Boy's birthday is next week. He is going to become a teenager. I am so not ready for that. At all. And the spoiled kid can't think of anything he wants for his birthday. I guess that's what happens when it's so close to Christmas. Mark and I have a present plan that's pretty sweet.

My Great Uncle Stanley passed away on Tuesday. I found out by reading the funeral home website. It's weird. I check it everyday, to see if anyone I knew died. More and more names are looking familiar. And I'm not the only weirdo from my town who does this. Anyway, Uncle Stanley was my paternal grandfather's brother. He was one of the few paternal family members who stayed in contact with my mom, sisters, and I after the divorce. He and his wife, my Aunt Nelle, would always visit us when they came to town. They were great people. He will be missed. One cousin contacted us on Facebook to let us know it happened, for which I am thankful. We are used to never hearing family news until much later.

Mark made Oatmeal-raisin-bacon cookies last night thanks to Bon Appetit magazine. They are really good, but I can't really taste the bacon. Gibson got into trouble for jumping up and grabbing one from the table this morning. This caused Mason to get scared, because dogs can't eat raisins. He's fine, albeit in big trouble. Silly Wondermutt.

No other real happenings right now. I am taking Tylenol PM tonight so I can finally get a good night's sleep.

No comments: